Biological clock that is installed by default in the human body which is responsible for carrying out the functions of the body in accordance to the circadian rhythm. It is important to respect the biological clock timings as they are co-related with the normal smooth functioning of the body and ensuring that all the hormones and chemical mediators are in proper proportions on the proper time of the day or night when they are required. Any disturbance in the biological clock or doing anything that does not respects biological clock will cause disturbances in the normal functioning of the body, for example if sleep cycle is disturbed due to any reason it will cause a lot of changes in the body.
Insomnia is simply any other than normal pattern of sleep. There can be multiple problems that one can face considering the sleep cycle such as:
- Soma patients complain that it is hard to fall asleep no matter for how long they keep their eyes shut. Such a type is labelled as sleep onset insomnia.
- Some complain that they are unable to sleep at a stretch for 7 to 8 hours or the required amount of sleep. The sleep cycle is interrupted by frequent episodes of awakening. This type is labelled as sleep maintenance insomnia.
- Some say that they wake up too early and then are unable to go back to sleep.
Some patients can have one of the above-mentioned complain and some may have more than one complains regarding their sleep patter.
SLEEP CYCLE DURATION:
Sleep cycle duration varies as per the gender and age. Females generally need more sleep than males and approximately 8 hours sleep is mandatory or females and up to 7 hours for males to perform effectively. Usually, newborns sleep more than toddlers and with advancing age the quality of sleep decreases.
CAUSES OF INSOMNIA:
Insomnia is a result of multiple factors interplaying and causing sleep related issues. Followings are some of the main reasons observed that can cause insomnia:
- Stress or depression
- Changes in the environment such as shifting school or house
- Terminal illnesses
- Drug or substance abuse
EFFECTS OF INSOMNIA (SIGN AND SYMPTOMS):
Insomnia if short lived does not causes many issues as it resolves after a couple of days but if insomnia is continuously affecting the sleep quality, then it will start affecting the ability to perform day to day quality and concentration ability of any individual. Un-resolved sleep issues can also cause psychological disturbances. The effects of insomnia on physical and mental health are as summed below:
PHYSICAL SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
- Body aches
- Frequent headaches
- Poor performance at workplace
- Feeling drained and malaise
PSYCHOLOGICAL SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
- Inability to concentrate
- Mood swings
HOW TO MANAGE SLEEPLESSNESS:
Fortunately, insomnia can be cured and the standard graded techniques that are opted to help individuals suffering from insomnia should always go for non-pharmacological approaches first and then they can buy sleeping pills UK. CBT sessions and sleep hygiene are some of the psychotherapeutic techniques that can help with your insomnia.
ROLE OF MEDICINES IN CURING INSOMNIA:
If an insomnia case does not resolve after non-pharmacological means than it is ok if one buy sleeping pills online, the only thing to be kept in mind is that proper consultation should be ensured and only prescribed drug should be used as per the clinician’s advice. Medicines which are helpful for patients suffering from insomnia are:
- Sleeping pills: zolpidem and zopiclone are widely used prescription sleeping pills. These pills are only for short treatment options and should not be used longer than 4 weeks as they have potential side effects associated with them.
- Anti-histamines such as doxylamine are also frequently bought over the counter medicine as they also have the ability to make a person drowsy and calm and helps in inducing sleep.
ADVERSE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH TAKING SLEEPING PILLS:
Some of the most encountered adverse effects are:
- Poor motor control
- Morning grogginess
- Mood swings
- Rebound insomnia
Medicines are manufactured for the betterment of mankind but any foreign addition will also have some negative impact on the health so they key point is always ensure a healthy lifestyle and healthy diet to avoid any health-related complications. If medical or pharmacological intervention is necessary than do not hesitate to seek help from an expert.